Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How do I grow my hair long if I have thick, wavy, coarse red hair?

I want to grow my hair very very long, but it is to dry, frizzy and thick unless I smother my head in hair products and sleep in a hat. Even then its more flattend then it is straight. I've been trying for years and I still haven't grown my hair past my shoulders. Thanks for your help.



How do I grow my hair long if I have thick, wavy, coarse red hair?

Sounds like you've got hair like my husband's. His hair is thick, wavy %26amp; red; it grows outwards instead of dowwards.



1) Use a moisturizing shampoo %26amp; conditioner. e.g. Pantene or Joico K-Pak



2) Ask your hair dresser to cut in some layers to take out some of the bulk.



3) Use a really wide tooth comb %26amp; then re-form your waves w/ your fingers. Let your hair air dry or use a diffuser w/ your blow dryer.



Here's a photo - it's for a girl but it illustrates the idea: http://matrix.com/find_your_hair_style/l...



Keihl's Silk Groom or a drop of jojoba oil run through your hair will help control frizziness.



How do I grow my hair long if I have thick, wavy, coarse red hair?

I have dry thick red hair too (that I highlight) and have managed to get it to grow to the middle of my back!



Here is the secret my stylist gave me: Pureology Shampoo %26amp; Conditioners (they are pricey but kick major butt! making a noticeable difference... try the SuperStraight Smoothing System) It's all about keeping your hair hydrated if you want long locks, regular haircuts every 8 weeks (mainly just a trim to keep the brittle ends from breaking off), dont wash your hair every day (the water washes out your natural oils causing your hair to get dry and break) and of course try to avoid using a curling iron or straitening iron (the heat again will dry out the hair)



P.s. As my hair grew longer I had issues with getting the tangles out and not pulling my hair out in the process. A great fix (and a product I cant live without) is the Pureology ShineMax. I just rub less than a dime sized amount all over my wet tangles and they just seem to fall out! Plus the product isn't heavy or greasy and your hair dries shiny! This same bottle has lasted me 2 years. And bonus points, their products are vegan and organic =)



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment